Vaughn Poster

Vaughn Poster

Monday, April 23, 2018

Frustrated....

Hey Friends,

I'm not here to report good news today.  In fact, I'm pretty frustrated....




We've been approved to foster/adopt since November... almost 6 full months... and... NOTHING.  I'm trying to be patient, but at this point we're probably too close to the baby coming to bring in an adopted kid.  That pushes things back even further.

"Why is this so frustrating?" you might ask.  Well, if we had been placed with a kid back in November, December, January, February, we would have had plenty of time with our adopted child before the baby... but that's really only part of why I'm frustrated.

The whopper is this:  Supposedly there are THOUSANDS of kids that need homes.  THOUSANDS!  The average age for these THOUSANDS of kids is 8 years old.  That's exactly what what we want - a girl just a little bit younger than Vaughn.  And it's not like the boys hugely outnumber the girls. It's pretty close to 50/50.  So what gives?

Honestly, I can't help but think we're being discriminated against.  Maybe because of the baby... maybe because of other reasons.  I hate to have that attitude, but at this point that's how I feel.  Why else have we heard NOTHING after 6 months and there are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of kids... and it's not like I haven't been emailing and annoying our caseworker and other people in charge of this... I can be obnoxious when I need to be.

I'm trying to keep in mind that it's all about God's timing. (Easier said than done) And I'm trying to remember that He has a plan, but frustration has really set in.  Our foster/adoption license is good for 2 years... we've already wasted 6 months of that. 

Chris says if we're not placed with a child before our license expires, it's time to give up and realize this is not what God wants us to do.  I think he's right.  This journey has brought us nothing but frustration, heartache, and (for me) a bit of shame.

Maybe God's plan has yet to really unfold, but if our license expires... we're done.

Sorry to go on this little rant.  Hopefully things are better for you today!

~Jenn




No comments:

Post a Comment